Warranty periods from the original date of purchase:
Roland Cabinet Digital Pianos:
Our renowned 10-year digital piano warranty is designed to give you full confidence in our high-end pianos. This applies to Roland HP, HPi, LX, DP, KF, GP and V-Pianos.
Our 2-year digital piano warranty is designed to give you full confidence in our portable pianos. This applies to FP, FPx, and RD-Pianos.
Roland digital pianos are built to last. Our commitment to quality means that we are confident to guarantee your piano to be free from defects in workmanship or materials for a period of 10 years from the date of the original purchase.
RSA, the distributor of Roland products in South Africa and a member of Paul Bothner (Pty) Ltd., will (at its sole discretion) repair the product or replace parts without charge if the product in question is under warranty. We will either replace the instrument or provide a similar product of similar age and condition if necessary and include the remaining period of the original warranty at the time of the claim.
The Roland warranty does not apply to the following:
- (a) To cosmetic or structural damage to the instrument due to changes in temperature, humidity, exposure to the sun, fire or moisture (full guidance on using and storing the products safely can be found in the owners manual).
- (b) To damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, temperature or exposure to moisture (full guidance on using and storing the product safely can be found in the owners manual).
- (c) To damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration, or other external cause.
- (d) To defects or discolouration of any part of the instrument including keys, pedals, controls and switches caused by normal wear and tear, moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration.
- (e) To damage caused by use with another product.
- (f) To damage caused by customisation or modification performed by anyone who is not a representative of RSA Music, or an authorised Roland service centre.
- (g) To damage caused by service (including upgrades) performed by anyone who is not a representative of RSA Music, or an authorised Roland service centre.
- (h) When the product’s serial number is missing, altered or has been tampered with.
Any attempt to operate the product outside of the guidelines specified in the Owner’s Manual, could lose data, render the product inoperable and void the manufacturer warranty. Therefore, this warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, abnormal service or handling, battery leakage or failure, damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product, or if the product software or firmware has been altered or modified in any way other than what is described in the owner’s manual and any other official guides, or if the damage was caused by repairs or service provided or attempted by anyone other than an RSA Music Authorised service centre.
Accessing our Repair Service:
- To exercise your rights under the Roland warranty, you must either return your product to your official Roland dealer or Service centre together with proof of purchase (sales receipt) and a clear description of the fault. Alternatively, please contact us and we will advise on the easiest way to get your product repaired.
- Your product will be returned to our service centre, or another designated service centre for repair, and subsequently returned back to the dealer or directly back to you.
- If you have purchased an HP, HPi, LX, DP, KF, RP, F-7, GP piano or a V-Piano that qualifies for on-site warranty, then you should contact either your official Roland dealer, Service centre or us together with your proof of purchase (sales receipt) and a clear description of the fault. We will then arrange for an authorised service engineer to visit your home and carry out the repair on-site.
- If it is not possible to return the product to your dealer (and it does not qualify for an on-site repair), you should contact us. We will then arrange a suitable solution.
- We strongly recommend that you ensure that the product is well protected during transportation, boxed, and insured against any damage. The following additional measures should also be taken:
- Outer carton
Please ensure that the outer carton is sufficiently large to accommodate not only the product, but also approximately 50 mm thickness of protective material (e.g. bubble wrap) around the entire unit. Please ensure the outer carton is sealed.
- Attached mains plug
If your unit has a mains plug, please ensure this is sufficiently wrapped with approximately 30mm of protective material. This will help to prevent the plug from being damaged and, more importantly, prevent the plug from damaging the unit. Never position the mains plug between the product and outer box. Wrap it as described above and place it on top of the unit in such a way as to prevent it from damaging the product.
- Hard case
When returning an item in a hard case, please ensure that the case is locked and secured with a numeric lock and let us know the numeric code. If you don’t have a numeric lock, please ensure that the case is secured using tie wraps; we will then return your unit in your flight case also using tie wraps.
- RSA Music will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace your product at no charge to the purchaser for parts or for labour if the fault is reported within the warranty period, provided however, that RSA Music is able to replicate the defect or problem at its facilities. In the event that we replace your product, the Roland warranty continues from the original date of purchase and not from the date of the replacement.
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, abnormal service or handling, battery leakage or failure, damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product, or if the product has been altered or modified in any way, or if the damage was caused by repairs or service provided or attempted by anyone other than an RSA Music Authorised service centre.
- Any attempt to dismantle or repair a product without authorisation from RSA Music will immediately void any existing warranty for that product.
- This warranty relates solely to the product. RSA Music excludes any and all liability for any incidental or consequential loss or damages (direct or indirect), howsoever incurred, arising from the malfunction or failure of any of its products or services.
Terms and Conditions – General information:
The consumer has legal rights under applicable national and/or European legislation on the sale of consumer goods. These warranty provisions do not affect those rights.